The GOspel Of The Kingdom Of God
The good news of the Kingdom of God is that Jesus Christ is the King of the earth. Jesus Christ is a good King, and his kingdom will never end.
What does this means for you?
This means you can be forgiven of all your sins. Anything you have ever done, anything you have ever thought about doing, all of those sins can be forgiven today.
This is because Jesus Christ was executed, crucified to be exact, on behalf of his people, taking their punishment for their sins, on his sinless back. God's law had to be fulfilled so he fulfilled it on his own shoulders, so that we could be forgiven.
What should you do?
You should turn from your sinful ways and believe this gospel. You should stop chasing what you're chasing and start following Jesus Christ.
How can you do that?
You can't. Not alone anyway. God must change you first before you can do these things. Luckily, God is an expert at changing people's minds and hearts. Please contact us and we would be glad to give you more information. God bless you.
News & Updates & Blog
Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are directly inspired by God, and are without error in the original manuscripts. The Scriptures are of supreme and final authority in faith, church governance and all of life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
2. We believe in one God—eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one in nature, attributes, power and glory. (Genesis 1:1,26; Proverbs 30:4; Mark 12:29; Matthew 28: 19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Acts 5:3-4)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and that He is both true God and true man. (Matthew 1 : 18-25; Luke 1:2635; Philippians 2:6-11; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:1-4,14
4. We believe that God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son. We believe the Holy Spirit was active in creation, convicts of sin, and is the Agent in the new birth. He seals, empowers, guides, teaches, sanctifies, helps, and lives within each believer. (Psalm 139:7-12, John 14:16-17, 16:13-14, Romans 5:5, 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14)
5. We believe that God created man and woman as special and unique beings, perfect in His image, that they sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God. We believe that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and sin by thought, word, and deed. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 1:18, 32; 3:10-19, 23, 5:12,19
6. We believe that God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were still sinners the Lord Jesus Christ died for us as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and rose again for our justification; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood and are saved by grace through faith wholly apart from human merit and works. (Acts 13:39; 16:31; Romans 3:21-22; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:3-8; 1 Corinthians 15:22)
7. We believe that each person who puts his/her faith in the Lord Jesus is born again by the Holy Spirit according to the Word of God and thereby becomes a child of God forever. (John 1:12-13; 3:3-16; 5:24; 10:28-29; 1 Peter 1 :23)
8. We believe in the observance of the Lord's Supper, that is Holy Communion, as a visible sign of the believer's union with and obedience to Christ and a commitment to rely on the provision of Christ's body and blood for salvation. (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:17-32)
9. We believe baptism is an outward visible sign of God's covenantal faithfulness to his people. It does not bestow salvation but represents the saving work of Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection. (Colossians 2:11-12; Romans 6:4; Acts 10:47-48; 16:31-33)
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead: the saved to a life of eternal glory and bliss in Heaven with God and the unsaved to eternal judgment. (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:6, 11-15; 21:1-8, Matthew 10:28; 18:8-9, 25:41-46, Mark 9:43-49; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9)
11. We believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of the crucified Lord, His ascension into Heaven, His present life there as our High Priest and advocate, and His personal, bodily visible return to the earth to reign as the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. (Luke 24:3643; John 20:24-29, Acts 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:25; Revelation 1:5-7, 19:11-16)
12. We believe that God's exclusive model for marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime of Godliness and fidelity. It is a unique gift of God, illustrating the union between Christ and His Church. Marriage provides the framework for intimate companionship, sexual expression according to Biblical standards, the means for procreation, and is God's foundation for the family. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18-25; Proverbs 5:15-22; Song of Solomon; Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:2533)
13. We believe that children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord and that parents are to demonstrate and teach them God's pattern for life. (Psalm 127:3-5, 139:13-18, Luke 1:41; Ephesians 6:1-3)
14. We believe that God has called some to singleness, either by choice or circumstances beyond their control, and we encourage them to follow the Lord in all godliness and sexual purity. (Acts 21 :9; 1 Corinthians 7:8,27-29,32)
What is Redemption?
Redemption is an action. Redemption is the action of gaining possession of something in exchange for a payment. Redemption is the clearing of a debt. Jesus Christ did both of these things when he gave his life on the cross as a payment in exchange for the debt his people owed because of their sins against God. Every member of Redemption Church Rutland has been redeemed from their sins. Our debt with God has been paid and we worship every Sunday in honor of the one who paid it. We all have different backgrounds and different sins. But one thing we share in common is that Jesus Christ has redeemed us all. He can redeem you too. This is the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
We are a small, loving group of believers who love God and seek to know him better everyday. We seek to obey the Lord Jesus by obeying his commandments to Love God with all our hearts, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
We welcome anyone who considers themselves followers of Jesus Christ, along with anyone interested in learning more about God. Most of us have at least one small child and they are absolutely welcome in the worship service. God made children wiggly and sometimes loud and that is totally okay with us! We do have a nursery available if necessary, but only some of us use it, and we do not expect you to! Seriously, we love children.
Our worship is simple, Christ-centered and biblical. Our Sunday service consists of acapella congregational singing of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. We have a time of prayer, group recitation of Scripture and a 30 minute sermon.
We partake in the Lord's Supper (communion) every week. Everyone who is in good standing with a local church and is a believer of Jesus Christ is welcome to participate in the Lord's supper.
We gather every Sunday for numerous reasons.
1. We receive grace from God through communion. Everybody needs grace.
2. We receive instruction from God through his words. Ever wonder what God thinks? We hear from him every Sunday.
3. We receive community from God through his Holy Spirit. Life is hard. Life alone is almost unbearable. God's congregation provides us with not only friendship, but also co-workers in the kingdom of God.
4. We receive love from God through all of the above. We thank him Sunday and every day through prayer and song.
Sentimentality is not enough to deal with the realities of life. People need authenticity. The meeting of Christ's church never pulls punches and is real. We aim to show love for one another the way Christ showed love to us. The Sunday gathering is a weekly holiday that provides for us what we need to grow in the grace of God.